|BSF Constable Tradesman Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- At the very beginning of the recruitment process, candidates will be asked to go through the height bar and thereby, candidates with lesser height will get eliminated and will not be allowed to participate in
further process of recruitment.
- Those candidates who qualify the height bar will be subject to Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which will be as under:-
- Male- Race of 5 Kilometres race to be completed within 24 minutes.
- Female- Race of 1.6 Kilometres race to be completed within 8.30 minutes.
- Those candidate(s) who qualify in PET will be subject to bio-matric identification & screening of testimonials/document by the Board. The candidates who do not fulfill the laid down physical standards will be eliminated from recruitment process. However, elimination on grounds of weight will be done at the time of medical examination only.
- Woman candidate, who as a result of tests is found to be pregnant of 12 weeks standing or over, shall be declared temporarily unfit and her appointment held in abeyance until the confinement is over. The
vacancy against which a women candidate was selected should be kept reserved for her. She should be re-examined for PET six weeks after the date of confinement, subject to the production of the medical
certificate of fitness from a registered medical practitioner.
- Original documents/testimonials of candidates will be checked by the Board of Officers and only eligible candidates will be go to the next stage.
- Candidates are advised to refrain themselves from consuming/in taking performance enhancing drugs/injections during PET. Candidates are advised to keep in mind their own physical stamina and endurance level.
- BSF will not be responsible for any untoward incident occurring during PET as a consequence of consumption of performance enhancing drugs/injections or other reasons.
- Note-I : No physical efficiency test will be held for Ex-servicemen.
- Note-II : PET will be only qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks.
|BSF Constable Tradesman TRADE TEST
- The candidates who qualify in the PST, PET & Documentation will be put through the respective Trade Test. Each candidate will be allowed to appear for one trade test only.
- The Trade test will be qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks. The requisite skill/qualification for
each trade are as under :-
- Cobbler : Polishing of shoes, handling tools, cutting of leather, repair & stitching of shoes.
- Tailor : Taking measurement of persons, cutting of cloth and Stitching of uniform.
- Cook : Cooking of Chappatti & Rice, Cooking of vegetable/Dal/Sambhar/Idli etc. for 100 men,
cooking of meat/fish/egg/kheer.
- Water Carrier : Washing of utensils, kneading of Atta for making chappattis for about 100 men and cutting of vegetable etc.
- Washer man : Washing of clothes, Ironing of Khaki, Cotton uniform, woolen and TC uniform.
- Barber : Handling of tools, haircutting and shaving.
- Sweeper : Sweeping, cleaning of toilets and bathroom etc.
- Carpenter : Handling tools, cutting of wood, fitting, polishing and Finishing of materials.
- Painter : Knowledge of colours, paints, shades, painting of sign Boards, painting and drawing/knowledge
of spray Painting for motor vehicles.
- Electrician : Knowledge of AC & DC current, new electric fitting, Rectification of faults.
- Draftsman : Knowledge of drawing materials, papers enlargement, sketching and plan drawing etc.
- Waiter : Hygiene/sanitation, servicing of foods and allied matters.
- Mali : Plantations, maintenance of plants, knowledge of Seeds and their sewing seasons, fertilizer and manures etc.
|BSF Constable Tradesman Written Examination for 100 marks
- Successful candidate in the first phase examination i.e. PST, PET, Documentation and Trade Test will be called to appear in second phase of examination i.e. Written Examination which will be communicated to the candidates through E-Mail address/ SMS for call letters through online.
- The Written Examination will be of 100 marks containing 100 questions (qualifying marks 35% for General Category/EWS & Ex-servicemen and 33% for SC/ST/OBC) will consist of only OMR based objective type multiple choice questions to be answered using a Blue or Black ball point pen only.
- While all the question papers in an examination may contain the same set of questions, the question papers may be in different series, which will have the questions in different order.
- All questions will be of objective multiple choice type. The standard of the question will commensurate with the knowledge expected from a class-10th pass candidate.
- OMR Answer Sheet should be filled up by candidates correctly with Blue or Black ball point Pen only as per instructions given in OMR Answer Sheet.
- Candidates reporting after 15 minutes of the commencement of examination will not be allowed.
- The question paper will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks with the following composition:-
||Number of Questions
|General Awareness /
|Knowledge of elementary
|Analytical aptitude and
ability to observe the
|Basic knowledge of the
candidates in English or
|BSF Constable Tradesman Syllabus for General Awareness /General knowledge
- Burning Issues and Disputes
- Indian Economy
- Important Places
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Indian Politics
- General Science
- Inventions in the world
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Committees & Commissions
- Books & Authors
- Famous Personalities
- Important Days and Dates
|BSF Constable Tradesman for Knowledge of elementary mathematics
- The relationship between Numbers
- Time and Work
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Profit and Loss
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Time and Distance
- Probability Function
- Ratio and Time
- Ratio and Proportion
|BSF Constable Tradesman for Analytical aptitude and ability to observe the distinguished patterns
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Puzzles Verbal Reasoning
|BSF Constable Tradesman for Basic knowledge of the candidates in English or Hindi
- Sentence structure
- Idioms and phrases
- Fill in the blanks
- Spot the error
- Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Sentence Completion
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- One word substitutions
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Comprehension passage etc
- Cloze passage
BSF Constable Tradesman Selection Process
- Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- TRADE TEST
- Written Examination for 100 marks
|BSF Constable Tradesman Syllabus 2023 Download PDF
|BSF Constable Tradesman Bharti 2023
|Join WhatsApp Group Now
|Join Telegram Channel Now
|BSF Constable Tradesman Salary Chart
|BSF Constable Tradesman Previous year Papers
|BSF Constable Tradesman Best Books list