| UPSC CMS Assistant Divisional MEDICAL Officer in the Railways
- The post of Assistant Division al Medical Officer in the Indian Railway Health Service is
in Group ‘A” Junior Scale in level 10 of Pay Matrix (Pre Revised PB-3, Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with
Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) and it carries Non-Practising Allowance as per rules/orders in force
from time to time. Private practice is prohibited. The candidate will be bound to observe the
orders which the Ministry of Railways or any other competent authority may issue from time
to time restricting or prohibiting private practice by him/her.
- A candidate will be appointed on probation for a period of One year which may be
extended by the Government if considered necessary. On satisfactory completion of the
probation, candidates will be eligible for confirmation in the junior scale of the Indian Railway
- A candidate will have to undergo training as prescribed by the Ministry of Railways and
pass all the Departmental Examinations.
- A candidate will be governed by the “Contributory Pension System” effective from
01.01.2004 as per orders of the Government.
- A candidate will be eligible for leave in accordance with the leave rules as in force from time
to time and applicable to officers of his/her status.
- A candidate will be eligible for free Railway Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders in
accordance with the rules in force from time to time.
- UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021
- UPSC CMS Salary Structure , Jobs Profile
- UPSC CMS Best Books
- UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Paper with Answer Key
Duties and Responsibilities: Assistant Divisional Medical Officers
- He will attend the indoor wards and out patient department daily and as required.
- He will carry out physical examination of candidates and of employees in service in
accordance with the regulations in force.
- He will look after family planning, public health and sanitation in his jurisdiction.
- He will carry out examination of vendors.
- He will be responsible for discipline and proper discharge of duties of the Hospital Health
- He will carry out duties assigned to him specially if any and will prepare returns and
indents connected with his specialty.
- He will maintain and upkeep all equipment in his charge.
| UPSC CMS Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories
- The Post are temporary in Group A but likely to be made permanent in due course.
- Pay level 10 of the pay matrix plus NPA (as per rate and rules in vogue and as amended
from time to time.
- Promotional avenues to higher grades are available as per the provisions of IOFHS rules
and the orders issued by the Government from time to time.
- The Candidate can be posted in any of the Ordnance Factory Hospitals or dispensaries in
the country. These are currently situated in the following locations Andhra PradeshYeddumailaram; Bihar-Nalanda; Chandigarh; Madhya Pradesh-Jabalpur Itarsi, Katni; Maharashtra-Ambernath, Pune, Nagpur, Bhandara, Bhusawal, Chandarpur, Dehu Road, Varangaon, Uttar Pradesh- Kanpur, Muradnagar, Shajahanpur, Hazratpur, Korwah; Tamil Nadu-Chennai, Tiruchirapalli, Aruvankadu; West Bengal-Kolkata; Utttaranchal, Dehradun; Odisha-Bolangir.
- The candidates will be on probation for a period of 2 yeas form the date of appointment
which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the competent Authority. On
satisfactory completion of the probation period he will continue in the temporary post till
confirmed against the permanent vacancy.
- The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side during the period
of probation and thereafter while employed in temporary capacity. The Government reserves
the right to give one month’s pay in lieu of notice.
- Private practice of any kind whatsoever is prohibited.
Nature of Duties
- Medical attendance of emergencies, outpatients and inpatients
- Medical Examinations
- Providing occupational health service
- General administration of the department under his charge-Plan, Organize and
Supervise the work; quality assurance’ Control, discipline, training and welfare of the staff and
ensuring proper discharge of duties by then, Stores management; Maintenance of proper
documentation, records and statistics; Ensuring proper housekeeping and security;
maintenance of facility, equipment and instruments; ensuring proper infection control and biomedical waste disposal.
- Such other duties as are allotted to them by the Medical Officer-in Charge.
| UPSC CMS Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service
- The posts are temporary but likely to continue indefinitely. Candidates will be appointed to
Junior Group ‘A’ scale and they will be on probation for the period of 2 years from the date of
appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the competent authority.
They will be confirmed after the satisfactory completion of probation subject to availability of
- The candidates can be posted anywhere in India in any dispensary or hospital under any
organisation participating in the Central Health Service viz. C.G.H.S. operating at Delhi,
Bangalore, Bombay, Meerut, Lakshadweep Andaman and Nicobar Islands, P&T department
etc. Private practice of any kind whatsoever including lab and consultant practice is prohibited.
- The scale of pay admissible to the Medical Officer of CHS is in the Level-10 (Rs. 56,100 to
Rs.1,77,500/-) of the pay matrix and NPA as per orders issued by the Government from time to
time, and the promotional avenues will be available as per the provision of CHS Rules, 2014
and the orders and instructions issued by the Government from time to time.
| UPSC CMS General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council
- Pay Matrix Level-10 Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted Non-practicing allowance (NPA).
- Ordinary rules regarding pensions, gratuity, confirmation etc. as enforced in the Council
from time to time will be applicable.
- The candidate will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of appointment
which may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority. On satisfactory completion
of the probation period will continue in the temporary capacity till confirmed against the
- The candidate can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the N.D.M.C. in any of the
hospital/dispensaries/M & C family welfare Centres/Primary Health Centres etc.
- Private practice of any kind whatsoever is prohibited.
- The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side during the period of
probation and thereafter, while employed in temporary capacity, NDMC reserves the right to
one month’s pay in lieu of notice.
- GDMO shall be entitled for promotion as Senior Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level–11
Rs.67700-208700/- and from Senior Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix
Level-12 Rs.78800-209200/- and from Chief Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer (Nonfunctional Selection Grade) in the Pay Matrix Level–13 Rs.118500-214100/- and Senior
Administrative Grade Pay Matrix Level–14 Rs.144200-218200/-.