|Indian Air force Y Group Syllabus for English
- Subject-verb concord
- Verb formation and error in their use
- Sentence transformation (simple, negative, compound, complex, etc.)
- One-word substitution
- Spelling errors
- Idioms and phrases
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Formation (nouns from verbs, adjectives, etc.)
- Noun & Pronoun
- Clauses (noun, adverb & relative Conjunction Adverb clauses)
|Indian Air force Y Group Syllabus for Reasoning and General Awareness
- Simplifications of Numbers
- Area of triangle, Square, and Rectangle.
- Surface Area and Volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone, and Sphere.
- Simple Trigonometry
- General Science
- Current Events
- Basic Computer Operations
- Mathematical Operations
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test
- Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit
- Inserting Correct Mathematical sign
- Human relation
- Coding & Decoding
- Odd man out
- Mutual relation problems
- Tallest, youngest relations
- Dictionary woods
- Non – Verbal reasoning
- Number coding
- Number Puzzle
- Ratio and Proportion
- LCM & HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Distance, and Speed.
- Numerical series
- Distance and Direction sense Test
|Indian Air force Y Group Mandatory Medical Standards
- Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms except IAF (P) and Auto Tech trades. However,
Minimum acceptable height for IAF (P) and Auto Tech trades are mentioned below:- For IAF(P) trade –
165 Cms (For NE and Hill States) 175 Cms (For other States) For Auto Tech trade -162.5 Cms (For NE and
Hill States) 165 Cms (For other States)
- Candidates from NE and Hill states includes Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis, Assamese and those
belonging to the states of Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Sikkim and hilly areas
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age. However, minimum weight of 55 Kg required for Operations Assistant (ATS) Trade only.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
- Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS)- Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criteria for selection into the IAF and Airmen found either in possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrollment shall be liable for disciplinary action including dismissal from the IAF.
- Body Tattoo- Permanent body tattoos shall not be permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and for Tribals tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, right to decide on acceptability/unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the selection center.
- Candidates with permanent body tattoos shall submit two photographs (close up and distant view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo, during the second phase of Selection Test.
- Only Sikh candidates, whose religion prohibits cutting of the hair or shaving of face, shall be permitted to grow hair and/or retain beard and mustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specification are to get their photographs with beard and mustache. Such candidates will not be permitted to grow/ shave beard/mustache at later stage after enrollment.